Friday, March 30, 2012

Orange Mod works 5KG spring review!

The Nerf Alpha Trooper is my favorite reverse plunger system blaster. I think it's great even in it's stock form. When I decided that it was time to mod, I wanted it to perform really well, so I ordered a spring from Orange Mod Works (link here). I also ordered it because I wanted to see how the spring performed alone before I buy any of the kits. After receiving it and putting many shots through it, I'm very happy with it. The spring fits in the blaster flawlessly ( It's VERY powerful and high quality). I had a small problem with it occasionally locking up about halfway into the prime, but I found that the end of the spring coil was sticking out just enough to block the plunger from moving. All I had to do to fix this problem was to flip the spring around. When fired it feels quite powerful. The prime isn't too difficult, and the blaster still operates very smoothly. This spring along with my other mods (seal improval, air restrictor removal, lubricated all moving parts) this blaster will achieve 50- 60 feet with a slightly angled shot very easily. I'm very satisfied with this product, and I will be doing business with them in the future. Shipping was fast, and their customer service is also great.
Mods done to this Alpha Trooper to achieve these ranges:
-Seal improval
-Plunger padding
-Lubricated all moving parts
-Orange Mod Works 5+ KG spring

No comments:

Post a Comment