Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vintage Nerf Sneak Shot Review and Internals guide!

I found this at a thrift store a few months ago for 75 cents. I didn't have a clue what it was, but it was vintage, so I bought it. I later found out after searching for a long time that it is called the Sneak Shot. It originally had sights and mirrors on it so that you could shoot around corners which seems pretty cool. It is a bolt- action single shot blaster with a direct plunger, and a barrel that rotates from side to side. I don't have any Mega Darts, so I wrapped a piece of CPVC in E- tape and glued it in the original barrel. I didn't do any other modifications besides that and lubricating all of the moving parts.
This is what it originally looked like (photo credit: orange's Nerf page)
This is what mine looks like:
Here are the internals:
Close up of the back half of the internals (sorry for the crappy pic):
Close up of the front half of the internals:
Ranges with stefans and streamlines range from 40-50 feet. It even shoots well when the barrel is turned to the side (that's what the orange knob is for) If you see one of these blasters for a reasonable price, pick it up. It's by no means "battle worthy" but it's a cool blaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment