Sunday, March 25, 2012

Nerf Dart Tag Hyperfire Mod Guide!

I found a Dart Tag Hyperfire at the thrift store for $1, so I picked it up. I don't know what the ranges are out of the box exactly, but mine only shot about 15 feet. It's a very easy and straightforward mod.

Remove all of the screws, and It opens into two halves

close up of internals

Remove the turret assembly

Take out the five screws on the back


Open up the turret, and the air restrictors will fall out

Throw them away, but save the "dart plates" with the posts on them.

Cut the dart posts off. You can dremel out the inside of the dart plate for better airflow, I chose not to.

 snap the "dart plates" back into the turret.

Screw the Turret assembly back together and you're done with the AR removal Here is a front view of the finished turret.
I chose not to improve the seal, because the stock plunger seal is already pretty good. All I did from there was lubricate all of the moving parts. The spring is similar in size to a Nerf Maverick spring, but feels more powerful.

Ranges: (slightly angled to ground)

(whistlers, taggers,suction,buzz bee)- 20-25 ft.

Streamlines- 30-37 ft.

Stefans (hot glue dome with single BB weight)- 30-35 ft.

--

Please comment with suggestions and feedback for my blog! (thinking of changing the name and looking for ways to improve it)

Also, I will be getting an aftermarket spring from Orange mod works (link here) for the Nerf Alpha Trooper. I will post a review once I recieve it!

3 comments:

  1. This thrift store thing is aggravating me.... not because of you, but because I can't find one around me lol. Is the one you go to goodwill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, mine is called Deseret Industries. I also have a Salvation army near me (I'm in Utah)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, NerfHerder, you and I must be twins! I live in Utah as well, and I recently went to my local Deseret Industries and picked up a Green Hyperfire for $1.50. I figured I'd do the same mods to it today, that's why I came here for a guide!

    ReplyDelete