Saturday, August 6, 2011

Buzz Bee Torrent Review

I picked this up at Target yesterday for 15 dollars because it looked like fun. After playing with it for a while, it seems to me that Buzz Bee is improving the quality of their blasters and "catching up" to Nerf.  The Torrent uses regular Buzz Bee darts and shells. It has a 12 dart capacity, and operates similar to a Nerf Raider in it's priming mechanism. One feature I really like about this blaster, is that you can choose whether or not to eject the shells. You can do this by pushing the handle all the way forward. It is spring loaded, so if you want to eject the shells, then you just have to push the priming handle forward slighly farther than at resting position. It gets from 25-30 feet rangewise, very comparable to most Nerf blasters. There is only one real con that I can find with this, which is that the priming handle and trigger handle are very small.

Overview: 
Turret:
Assembled:
Priming Handle:
Trigger Handle:
Shell ejection slot:
Firing test:  
                           

Sorry about the vid quality, I have no idea why my camera made it so fuzzy.
If you want internal photos, I believe that Jerm at Nerf Mods & Reviews has an internals photo. Overall, I really like this blaster, and am happy with this purchase. I don't really plan to mod it besides removing the air restrictors in the shells and I might remove the turret cover for easier loading during wars.

Also, if you like my blog, please tell others. I want to get and keep this blog going strong! And if you have any comments and/ or suggestions, please email me at reidsk8r@gmail.com! I'm also thinking of changing this blog's name, so please leave suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! I like your blog! I'm following it now lol. And its funny that you mentioned buzzbee catching up to nerf. I posted a few minutes ago about a double shot I bought recently that gets 50-60 feet stock with nerf whistler or dart tag darts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice feedback! (I think I followed yours too) Yeah my buzz bee rapid fire will shoot streamlines about 40 feet! I think buzz bee just needs to re-design their darts. I was always a believer in Nerf or nothin, but once i got the rapid fire rifle and the torrent, I have been on a buzz bee craze.

    ReplyDelete