Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Orange Mod Works 5+ KG Spring and O- Rings review!

I've already posted a review for the same spring in a Nerf Alpha Trooper (link here)
I love this spring. I ordered this one with the intention of using it in my Raider, and it ROCKS!!!! It fits into the blaster perfectly with no priming issues at all, and is very powerful.
I also ordered their 2x O-Rings. It was $1 for two of them, and they work great! They give your blaster such a good seal, that the darts vacum load into the breech when you push the priming handle forward. The spring and the O-Rings together made my Raider one of my favorite blasters. Orange Mod Works has very nice products for a very good price, and I will be purchasing more of their modification kits/accessories.
With one of these O- Rings and this spring, my Raider will achieve ranges of 50-60 feet with a slightly angled shot. I have also lubricated all of the moving parts, removed the air restrictor, and padded the plunger.
Link to Orange Mod Works' website
Link to 5KG spring
Link to O-Rings
--
Update: I haven't posted in a while because I have been quite busy, but I am working on some blaster related stuff, and I'm working on a bunch of posts

5 comments:

  1. Those are good ranges for a spring change. Sounds like the oring is a real good match. The spring they normally send w/ the kits is a bit overpowered too. I think I'll pick both of these up for an AT. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. The O-Rings don't work well in Alpha Troopers though. They work, but the seal is worse than the stock seal in my unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yep, and I lubricated all of the moving parts

      Delete