Saturday, November 26, 2011

Vintage Nerf Supermaxx 1500 mod!

I couldn't make a review for the blaster in it's stock form, because I don't have any mega darts.

Side view:
Barrels:
Sticker close up:

Model #/ info:
Modifications done:
  • Plugged pump
  • 5"x1/2" CPVC barrels (I didn't have any PETG)
  • Lubricated all moving parts
  • hot glue over firing pin spring for cleaner trigger pull
  • 1/2" PVC barrel spacer
I wanted to keep the blaster as stock-looking as possible, hence the stock barrels over the new ones, and the lack of rear loading slots. (I have to use a ramrod to load it)
The Blaster is in fairly good shape, but it does have some scratches/ marks along with the normal wear and tear after 14 years.

It performs quite well, it only takes 5/6 pumps, (I don't dare try more than 7, plus the darts start fishtailing after that anyway). I don't have exact measurements,  but it is at least 100 feet. It has ranges comparable to a singled titan. Here is a google earth image of how far it fires:

Sorry about the bad pic, I cropped it off of google earth, and I made it so that there isn't enough of a pic to give away my location.
Please note that the range test was done using custom stefan darts, so your results will vary based on mods done, and ammo used.

Please comment! I want to know how I can improve this blog, and I want more readers!





4 comments:

  1. Nice mod man! Did you get it on ebay? Just wondering because thats where I got my manta. And I'm guessing you have to ramrod darts in (I don't see a rear loading hole), right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! No, I got it at a thrift store. (score right?!) I do have to ramrod darts in because I didn't want to make a rear loading hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWW you lucky modder you have a thrift store that has Nerf blasters! The nearest thrift store to me is.. well...... I don't even know :)

      Delete
    2. Yup! I found a titan for $2 once, a stock blue LS with front gun and yellow clips for $4, an AT3K, and countless other vintage/ discontinued blasters :D

      Delete