Saturday, April 7, 2012

Vintage Nerf Supermaxx 3000 review and Internals guide!!

The Nerf Supermaxx 3000 can achieve ranges of 50+ feet accurately with it's stock darts. The ranges and accuracy would probably be even better with newer darts. It's internal mechanisms are similar to those of an Air Tech 3000, exept the rotation mechanism is actually powered by the tank. There is a mini tank that when pressurized enough, will rotate the turret. It is really cool, but it doesn't work very well anymore. Here are some photos:
Overview:
Model #/ other info
Barrels:
Internals:
                                         Close up of trigger/ pump assembly
Close up of tank/ barrels assembly:
Close up of tank:
The rotation mechanism tank mentioned above is just behind the blue rear area of the main tank. It has a piston that when pushed out by air pressure, hits the rotation mechanism and rotates the turret.

Haven't decided whether I'm going to Modify this or not. If I did, I would make the rotation mechanism manual (the automatic rotation of the turret is "out of whack", so I think it would perform better that way. I would also re barrel It with PETG tubing, and glue over the trigger/firing pin spring for a cleaner trigger pull.

Please leave your questions/ comments below!



10 comments:

  1. Wow nice find! Do you know if that thrift store has multiple locations? I know it sounds dumb, but I am soooooooooo jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't find this blaster at a thrift store. I know the one I go to has multiple locations in Utah, but I'm not sure if there are any in other states.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I guess I'll stick to goodwill and garage sales lol.(That was me up there by the way)

      Delete
    2. Have you ever found anything good at a garage sale? I was thinking about looking for blasters there but I wasn't really sure if it would be worth it.

      Delete
    3. Eh, it's had to say. I've found some old laser tag guns, a recon (1st ten), and an AR removed mav. You have to go to a place with lots of kids and try to get there the first day it opens, Nerf guns are pretty sought after so they get picked off pretty soon.

      Delete
  3. That's true. Last time we had a garage sale and I put out a hornet that I didn't want, It was gone within like 20 minutes :P. (no idea why anyone would want a hornet)
    I think I will go check out some garage sales on Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have this blaster? If so, is it stock?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe- I'm quite attached to it, but we might be able to negotiate a trade/ sell. Email me at ne rfhe rderbl og @g mail.com (no spaces)

    ReplyDelete